Terms and Conditions
To ensure that we accommodate all who wish to ride, an entry form must be completed in advance by participants, who agree to abide by these terms and conditions:
- Children under 16 must be under the authority of a responsible adult and stay with that adult for the duration of the cycle. We recommend that each adult is responsible for no more than 2 children u16.
- A registration form must be completed for every participant (either shown on a team sheet or as an individual). Forms must be returned with payment. Entry fees are non-refundable. The Contact person accepts responsibility for all Group Members listed on their entry form. – All riders must check in at school between 9.45am and 10.30am and collect a map of the route. Each rider will be given a starting number which they must wear.
- All participants must ensure that their bikes are roadworthy and that all brakes have been checked. We strongly recommend that all participants wear a cycle helmet. Each participant must accept full responsibility for their equipment, for the duration of the event.
- The responsible adult must be aware of the demands of the ride and he/she should make the decision about the chosen route. All routes use country lanes and tracks and the longest route has some hilly parts.
- Arrangements to get to and from the start and finish are wholly your responsibility.
- No cycling is permitted in the school playgrounds without parental supervision during the playground cycle. No dogs are allowed on school premises.
- Due care should be taken by all participants to avoid injury or accident. Adults must ensure that junior team members are cycling in a sensible manner so as not to injure themselves or others. First Aid will be available at school and a first aid kit will be available at various marshal points. Riders should try to make their way to the closest marshal if help is needed.
- The marshals will be in position from 10.30am – 2.30pm and are solely to indicate direction. All riders must observe the Highway Code and ensure that utmost care is taken at junctions. Riders must undertake to be fit and healthy to participate.
- There will be a refreshment stop providing water on the bike ride route. Please ensure you also take water with you.
- All riders must check back in at school after completing the ride or must inform a marshal if they are not returning to school.
- A registration form must be completed for all children taking part in the playground cycle.
- Adults who plan to leave children with the playground cycle supervisors must leave a contact number where they can be reached and must collect their child(ren) by 1.30pm.
- All children must have roadworthy bikes with brakes working correctly. We strongly recommend that all participants wear a cycle helmet.
- Arrangements to get to and from the playground cycle are wholly your responsibility.
- No cycling is permitted in the school playgrounds other than during the playground cycle. No dogs are allowed on school premises.
- Due care should be taken by all participants to avoid injury or accident. Supervisors reserve the right to stop children riding if they are endangering themselves or others.
- Water will be provided.
Start and Finish
Arrangements to get to and from the start and finish are wholly your responsibility. All riders must check in at school between 9.45am and 10.30am. All riders must check back in after completing the route.
- First Aid will be available at school and a first aid kit will be available at various marshal points. Please try to make your way to the closest marshal if you need help and please advise a marshal if you decide not to continue. The marshals will be in position from 10.30am – 2.30pm.
- Please note that no dogs are allowed on school premises.
- Whilst SCPTA will do its best to ensure that the event is organised with the utmost care, participants are reminded that they take part in this event at their own risk. Cyclists must comply with the Highway code. The Organisers reserve the right to withdraw riders if bikes are unsafe or riders are not cycling with due care. SCPTA cannot be held responsible for personal injury, accident, loss, damage or public liability during the event.
- The PTA, School and other participants may take photographs during the event. If participants take photos/video footage during the event and post on social media it is within the hands of the individual who is creating the post to adhere to current Legal Regulation Right.
- On Your Bike is organised by Sonning Common Primary School PTA (SCPTA). All intellectual property rights and rights to the OYB logo are retained.
- Your data (when you register for the ride) is only used by SCPTA for this event. It is never used for other events, or passed on to third parties.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions you consent to being contacted by On Your Bike with event information.